Saturday, April 27, 2013

Ripon High School’s Career Fair

G’day Mates! Recently I visited Ripon High School’s Career fair as a guest speaker. Students had the option to choose which speakers they were interested to listen to about various career choices. I was able to share my experience about being a culinary student at Moraine Park Technical College. In both of my two sessions I had a full room filled with students. I started each session with a brief introduction of myself followed by questions from students and the teacher. They all had great questions for me and I was able to give them some quality feedback. Some of the questions I received included why I chose culinary arts, what inspired me to cook and about the pros and cons of working in the food industry. I enjoyed speaking to the students about my college experience; I like to inspire others to challenge their comfort zone and search the world. I am looking forward to more guest speaking events in the near future to share my knowledge with people. Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment