Saturday, April 27, 2013

Job Search

G’day Mates! I hope you are all enjoying the crazy weather lately, but I am sure the real spring will be here soon. As I prepare myself to graduate on May 18, I am in awe how another graduation is approaching for me. I am excited to graduate, but now that means another step closer to reality and seeking a career. Over the past couple of months I have learned when applying for a position it is never too early to submit your application especially since the economy has been down over the past couple of years. The hiring rate is slowly increasing which means a lot more competition with other potentials people. I recommend you constantly update your résumé and edit to fit for the position. Since a lot of résumé are uploaded online, you want to make sure you have keywords that fit the descriptions of the job posting. This allows you to stand out from the others, and a step closer for interviews. One of the most important tips when searching a job is to expand your network with people. This tip would help you connect with people first hand, and have reliable references. Another way to get your name out there is by attending job and career fairs. These events allow you to speak with current workers of organizations to get an inside look of the lifestyle. If you feel a good vibe from speaking to the worker then that should be a place to apply. Even if you are not chosen, do not give up as there are other opportunities for different positions and companies. Below is a link I found that shares additional tips about entry-level jobs. If you have any questions I would love to hear them, until then my job search continues. “Never give up” http://www.experience.com/entry-level-jobs/jobs-and-careers/ Cheers, Lee IV

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the advice and good luck in your job search!

    ReplyDelete