Friday, November 30, 2012

Turkey Trot

Recently over my Thanksgiving break I had the opportunity to do my first Turkey Trot 5 mile run in Fond du Lac. The Turkey Trot is an event hosted by Festival Foods which benefits the YMCA and The Boys & Girls Club. When I heard about this event I was excited and a little nervous because I have not run in a while and I wasn’t sure if I could keep up with the people around me. This year was the fifth year Festival Foods has hosted this unique event. On the day of the event my girlfriend and I went to register for our t-shirt, pie, and running number. There were a lot of people who came out to kick off their Turkey holiday break. The weather was a bit windy but the temperature it-self was pretty nice, which was perfect for a running day. Before the race kicked off we all cheered and took some photos with the people around us. We started off a at good pace, but as time went on I started to pick up speed to keep up with my own pace. I noticed I run well when there are people around me because I was encouraged to keep up with others. After forty-two minutes passed I finished the race, and I was shocked how well I did. At the finish line I started to see people I know from the community and school. Everybody did a wonderful job finishing the race. There was also a 2 mile run and walk for people who didn’t want to do the 5 mile run. I was a little tired afterwards, but I was glad I joined the fun this year. I am already looking forward to do the sixth annual Festival Turkey Trot next year. I hope you get to check out the fun because you will love this event. Until next time, catch you soon! Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment