Tuesday, November 20, 2012

MPTC District Student Government

G’day mates! One of the most important things about going to college is being part of a committee or a student club. Being involved in a club on campus can be a challenge due to work, family, and other obligations, but going the extra mile goes a long way. Over the years I have learned to balance my college, social, and work obligations. This has helped me to prepare myself for the real-world when there are deadlines. I am able to multi-task and get things accomplished. Another great reason to join a club or a committee is having a voice as a student and making a difference. When going to college you may face some obstacles and are not always happy with the results, but being involved on campus can make a difference. For example, recently I attended a District Student Government meeting in Lomira. I was able to get an inside look of the things happening on campus. I learned it takes a lot of planning, preparation and organization for campus events to happen. During this meeting we had a lunch-conversation with MPTC President Dr. Sheila Ruhland. We discussed some issues that students had about new changes and things that are coming in the near future. I am glad to see MPTC staff, students, and President Dr. Ruhland come together as a family. This showed how committed everyone is as part of the MPTC family. After the meeting I realized how important it is to be part of a club to voice our opinion and make changes on campus. Last but not least, being in extra-curricular activities can improve networking, meeting new people, and making friends. The places that you can see are endless. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and be involved because you won’t regret it. Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment