Friday, November 9, 2012

Hypnotist Lunch

Recently student life welcomed Hypnotist Dan Lornitis to all three Moraine Park campuses. Along with free entertainment came free lunch for students and staff with a student or staff ID. For lunch we had the choice between chicken or ground beef fajitas, rice, dessert, and a drink. I really enjoyed the food and since lunch was free what more could I ask for? Duri ng the show Hypnotist Dan Lornitis humored us with his jokes and taught us about the various stages of the brain that can get hypnotized. Some people question whether or not hypnotizing is real or not, but the most important part is to remember you have to be open-minded and be relaxed. Everyday one way or another we experience hypnotizing without realizing it. This could be from daydreaming, sleep walking, or the moment you are driving and forget the last two miles of your journey. These are some examples and levels of the stages of hypnotizing. Since I’ve been hypnotized before, I volunteered to get on stage with nine other students. At first I was shaking and nervous because I didn’t know what to expect. As I became relaxed my mind went in a different area, and I don’t remember much during the show. I know one thing for sure it didn’t feel like the show was for over an hour, and afterwards my body was a little weird but I also felt refreshed. Students told me they had a fun time at the event and I would recommend try getting hypnotized to experience it first-hand. You can check some of his show by clicking here: http://www.danlornitis.com/performances/media/ For the rest of my day, I felt more productive. I am looking forward to more events student life put together for the college. Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment