Monday, August 20, 2012

Chicago in August

To kick off the month of August I headed down to Chicago to visit my family and enjoyed being outside of Fond du Lac. Like usual I took the Greyhound bus from Fond du Lac to Chicago to avoid driving, traffic, and to save on gas. For a round trip it cost $65 which is a great cost for a nice getaway. Shortly after I met up with my mom and step-father as they picked me up f
rom the train station. We caught up on the latest news in the city and checked out the newest stores. My mother made sure I went to this one donut shop called Dat Donut who is known for their delicious donuts. They have huge cinnamon buns and donuts that are the size of my head. As you can see in my pictures they are beyond huge. The following day we traveled around the city and I was able to see my brothers and grandma. My day in Chicago was beautiful and the weather was warm with blue skies, I couldn’t ask for much more. One of my favorite places to visit in the city is the north side because it filled with restaurants, stores, beautiful homes, and parks. One town in particular I recommend visiting is the Lincoln Park area. Once you visit here you’ll probably fall in love with this little town in the city. On my last day in Chicago I went to watch my favorite baseball team the Chicago White Sox play against the Kansas City Royals. I went with my girlfriend, mom, and step-dad and we had some great seats on the third base side. I haven’t been to the Sox stadium in years, so it was great being back and cheering on the White Sox. They played a great game and they ended up beating the Royals 4-2; I was ecstatic I couldn’t ask for any better game. As all good thing come to an end we all headed back home, and started packing for my return to Fond du Lac. Now it is back to reality to get ready for another week of work, but I’ll catch you soon in my next blog. Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment