Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wolf River in Wisconsin

Thus far in my blogs for summer activities I recommended going to Bay Beach, Miniature golfing, Kelley Country Creamery, and Bradford beach. For my fifth destination I recommend going tubing on the Wolf River in New London, Wisconsin. A group of friends and I planned this trip at the last minute. For years I heard about people going to the Wolf River, and I finally had the opportunity to go for myself. From Fond du Lac it is about a forty-five minute drive on a good day. As we arrived we paid ten dollars to relax and tube down the river. It takes about two hours for the short length and six hours for the long length of the river. Since we got there a little later we had to do the short trip. We enjoyed the afternoon in the sun and the refreshing water. The area is beautiful, filled with nature, birds, and fish. You have to visit to fully understand the experience on the Wolf River. Since the river is low due lack of rain this summer we kept running into rocks, but that didn’t prevent us from having fun. Usually if the river is higher you don’t have to worry about any rocks you just go right above them. Two hours later we finished our mini trip on the river; we had a lot of fun doing “something out of the blue”. At the Wolf River you can also camp, fish and participate in other water fun activities. For more information you can check out the website at http://www.wolfrivertrips.com. Well just don’t sit there go out enjoy what Wisconsin has to offer, catch you soon. Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment