Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Enjoying the outdoors on Friday the 13th

Most people are superstitious about Friday the 13th but I think it’s a way for people to blame something gone wrong on this historical day. Instead of staying inside I went to Redgranite, Wisconsin for their unique quarry. The drive from Fond du Lac is about a forty-five minute drive without construction. Redgranite is another city in Wisconsin I recommend you to visit in the summer because you are able to jump off cliffs into the water, go swimming, and layout in the sun with friends and family. As a warning you have to be careful around certain cliffs because of the rocks, but the majority of the area is free from dangerous rocks. Since I am not a great swimmer I decided to stay on land to watch my friends and other people jump off the cliffs. I did get in the water where the water was shallow and it was so refreshing. After staying in the sun for hours we got hungry so we decided to leave. We went to Nikos Gyros in Oshkosh. This place has amazing gyros ranging from burgers, combo meals, and sandwiches. I got the gyro burger with Cajun fries and of course it was yummy. You probably can tell by now that I like spicy food because it makes the food tasty. After we finished eating we headed home and I fell asleep because the sun drained me out. I must say this was a great Friday the 13th in the sun, I hope your day was just as fun or interesting! Catch you soon in my next blog as I talk about my experience working at Rock USA in Oshkosh. Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment