Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kid Rock at Rock USA

One of the things I like about summer festivals is that they provide additional work which allows me to make more money. Recently I had the opportunity to bartend in Oshkosh at Rock USA. I had a lot of fun because I was able to learn new things, talk to people, and watch some of the performers. When I first arrived at Rock USA, I was working the main beer tent, but since more people were needed to work the cocktail tent I was transferred over. This was nice because I was closer to the main stage and I was told more tips were given at the cocktail tent. I was able to learn about the drink menu and prices. The menu was long but I was able to get help from my fellow coworkers. Throughout the evening I was working hard giving people their drinks and money. Hours later the band Hollywood Undead came to our tent to buy drinks! I was shocked and fans were taking pictures. I like when bands are down to earth and are involved with their fans. They were friendly and funny; it was awesome meeting them personally. Moments later the band Seether performed on stage and they did an excellent performance, they really got the crowd going. For the last performance of the night Kid Rock came on stage and the crowd went crazy. Having a busy night made the time go by fast, and then by the time Kid Rock got on stage things slowed down. At this time I was able to watch most of Kid Rock’s performance and I recognized the majority of his songs. The rest of the night went smoothly, and the best part was I was able to get paid and still catch a great performance from Kid Rock. I must agree with the saying “Work Hard, Play Hard”. After working a long day I called it a night because I had to work at my next job in the morning, but as I fell asleep I could hear Kid Rock in my head. Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment