Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The play RENT came to FDL

Recently I had the opportunity to watch the play RENT at the Fond du Lac Community Theatre. I was excited to attend this play because years ago I watched the film of RENT, but never had the chance to see RENT in person. RENT was originally on Broadway for 12 years, and was shown worldwide. This Broadway show is about a community celebrating life in the face of death and AIDS at the end of the 20th century. RENT is an emotional musical that touches the heart, but is filled with laughter as well. Throughout the performance I was impressed how well the actors and actress were playing the roles of the characters. The cast were local people around Fond du Lac who audition, and they came from different backgrounds in the performance art world. If you never seen RENT I recommend it and either buy or rent at your local video store. I am looking forward for the next series of plays coming to the Fond du Lac Community Theatre. Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment