Thursday, June 7, 2012

Prague Day 1

Ahoy Mates, Welcome to the beautiful city of Prague! As we was arrived in Prague I was super excited because some of my friends and other people told me this was a beautiful city, and it is fairly cheap here. After spending seven hours on the train from Germany and eating junk food I was looking forward to eat a quality meal in Prague. After checking in to Travellers Hostel my friend Sophia and I looked around the city to find food for a cheap price. During our walk we saw some unique shops and restaurants; we could barely decide what to eat because everything looked so good. After looking around for 30 minutes we found a place that fit our budget which was a Thai restaurant. I got spicy chicken mixed with lettuce and a side of white rice; it was delicious. This healthy meal fulfilled my stomach hunger, and my body felt well refresh to get ready for the next day in Prague. The following day we got breakfast from our hostel before heading out for our free walking tour of Prague. During our tour we discovered Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Old Jewish Quarter, and the history of the country itself. I learned Prague has only been the capitol of Czech Republic for 19 years, so this shows this country has gone a long way since World War II from communism to the freedom of today. These free walking tours open my eyes to countries that I knew a little about, but I am willing to share my information to others. This journey thus far has taught me I have a lot. I recommend checking out this city, and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Well mates this concludes my journey for today, but in my next blog I will talk about my journey tour of Terezin Concentration Camp. This is one you don't want to miss out on! Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment