Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Journey to Barcelona

Bonjour mates, welcome aboard to a journey to Barcelona, but before arriving I had a two day journey on the train. Since it took a long time to arrive in Barcelona, we booked a room at Kyraid Hotel in Nice, France as a layover to break up the long journey. From Rome, Italy to Nice, France we had to take three trains. To keep myself occupied throughout the journey I played different card games, ate a lot of junk food, and listened to music. The trip felt even longer because I was anxious to get off the train to stretch out and get some fresh air. As we arrived in Nice, we reserved our next train ticket to Barcelona. As a tip for the Eurorail pass ticket, many trains required a reservation ticket for your next destination to ensure a place on the train. There is an additional cost for reservation tickets. Once we found our hotel at Kyraid we quickly changed clothes to head off to the beach. We were super excited for the beach because we’ve been inland since our Dublin trip. Once we got to the beach we found out that it was filled with huge stone rocks and very hard to walk bare foot. We continued to walk to check out the water, but then we realized the water was super cold, although the weather was warm and beautiful. As I looked around I noticed people playing soccer on the beach. I quickly walked over to see if I could join in and play and the people said yeah. I was super excited because I have not played soccer for three weeks, and watching the soccer matches on television did not fix the urge to play the sport I love. Afterwards we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our second part of our train journey to Barcelona. In our next journey we will be exploring the lovely country of Spain. Catch you soon!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment