Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hola Barcelona

Hola mates, if you are ever looking for a place that is filled with amazing tapas, delicious sangria, and unique culture then I recommend coming to Barcelona, Spain. As we arrived in Barcelona I was not sure what to expect, but within minutes walking from the train station to our hostel I quickly realized Spain is my new favorite country. The streets were lively, filled with unique art buildings, and had night life that I loved to see. Of course the one way I like to learn about a new city is by finding a walking tour. Our hostel Equity Point was located in the heart of Barcelona, and they even offered a free walking tour. Our tour guide was funny, down to earth, and he taught us the rich history of Barcelona. Throughout the tour we learned the people of Barcelona like to keep their historical buildings. Therefore the modern buildings are built above the old building or are preserving to show people the rich history of Barcelona. Walking around, I said to my friend Sophia that I could see myself living here in Spain. After the walking tour we got some lunch where our tour guide recommended. Surely enough, his pick was an excellent choice because the food was one of the best lunch meals I had thus far. Since this restaurant has culinary students learning how to become chefs the menu prices are cheap. For 10 Euros my meal included red wine, gazpacho (cold vegetable soup), turkey breast with vegetables, bread, and an elegant dessert. Now you can see why I believe this was the best lunch I had thus far, and the flavors were amazing. Afterwards we went on another walking tour about the famous architecture Gaudi. If you never heard of this person I recommend you look him up, and when you walk around the city you cannot miss his unique building structures. Once the tour was finished we decided to go on a pub crawl to check out the night life in Barcelona. Pub crawls are a great way to meet new people, check out the local fun, and try out the local drinks. We had a great time meeting people and experience the night life. Like always all good things must come to an end, but no worries because tomorrow we plan going to the beach. So get your swim gear ready because it is going to be a wonderful day at the beach.


Cheers,
Lee IV

2 comments:

  1. Barcelona is a great city! I loved it too when I went to do some language courses in Barcelona with my sister! We both had a great time there plus we learned about their culture, food, history and of course their language.

    Regards,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When did you go to Barcelona? I think I may found my new country to live or too visit again!!

      Delete