Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Grand finale in Madrid

I cannot believe it has been a month since I started my journey across the pond. For our last stop we visited the massive city of Madrid, Spain. Compared to other cities Madrid is by far the largest city I visited. Being here for two days is not enough time to completely see what Madrid has to offer. Although our hostel was located in a prime location, there were places that were farther away. During our stay we were able to learn about the history of Madrid from the free walking tour company of Sandman’s. Knowing the history of a city gives me a better understanding of the culture and cuisine. Madrid is known for running of the bulls which starts in July, and they have the infamous stadium of the bull fights. Not to mention soccer (futbol) in Madrid is beyond popular, and they take their sport seriously. So if you’re a soccer fan, Spain is one the places I recommend to watch a soccer match in a pub or even on the street. Since I was not able to see everything here that means I must plan another trip to visit this massive city. On my last night in Madrid I enjoyed the night by hanging out with some people I met from Australia and England. They were friendly and since they knew I was short on cash they offered to pay for my drinks so I could enjoy the last night in Madrid. I must say the night out was worth it, although my flight was leaving early in the morning. Spain became my favorite country and is tied with Ireland as my top places to visit. Well mates it is time to pack up and head back to America, I shall catch you on the flight home! Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment