Thursday, June 14, 2012

Florence

Ciao Mates! My days in Florence have been exciting because this city is filled with beautiful artwork and of course amazing food. We stayed at Plus Hostel and it has been one of my top favorite hostels on this trip. They offer free Wi-Fi, tours around the city, prime location, and the hostel was clean. One of the best parts of this trip to Florence was we met some friends who were from Australia. They were super friendly and funny, they made our stay so much better. We exchanged Facebook information to keep in contact, and we hope to see them when we are in Spain. On our first day in Florence we walked around the city to check out places we wanted to visit and see. Florence is another city that is small enough to visit with two solid days. We found out to avoid long lines at the museums by reserving your tickets in advance, especially if the weather is hot. Throughout the city there are numerous churches to check out, although if you are female you must wear something to cover your knees and avoid wearing tank tops, otherwise you are not allowed to enter different churches. During our visit in Florence we went on a wine and cheese tour. On this tour we learned about local wine and food parings, and everything tasted amazing. This tour helped me to expand my knowledge in the culinary field, and I even purchased a bottle of wine as souvenir. Hopefully I can resist opening it until I get back home because the wine tasted great with an aged cheese. In Florence there are many markets that they sell various items from key chains, silk ties, and Italian leather; often at times you can bargain for a good price. My friend Sophia and I found a restaurant that was so good that we ate there twice. The workers there were friendly and funny as well and their food were out of this world. I got a first course of fresh made pasta with basil and garlic then for my second course I got slices of beef with olive oil and rosemary. The meat was so tender that it basically melted in my mouth, and of course we order wine and Italian beer. This restaurant was located down the street from our hostel, so when we came back the next day the people remembered us; this restaurant does get crowded with locals and tourists. On our last day in Florence we took a mini hike to Piazzale Michelangelo where you can get an amazing view of Florence. The walk can be a bit rough on the legs, but once you get to the top you won't regret it. Overall I was impressed with Florence, I will definitely come back to this beautiful city and you should too! Well now, I gotta get ready for my next trip to the city of Rome, see you soon! Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment