Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ciao de Italy

G'day mates, welcome to Italy! Italy is known for amazing cuisines, wonderful weather, and historical buildings dating back for many centuries. My stop in Italy was Venice, and this a city recommended because it is fairly small and pictures cannot explain the beauty in this city. My friend Sophia and I walked around the city eating a lot of pastries and drinking orange and lemon soda. Walking was great but we got hungry after two hours, then we decided to grab something to eat a local restaurant away from the tourist area. Prices can be cheaper based on the location of the city and the restaurant itself. I got spaghetti made with fresh basil, homemade sauce, and garlic. Something about eating in Italy makes everything taste amazing. One thing I must warn you is to be aware of hidden charges of bread, water, and service charges. These prices can add up quickly if you don't know or if the restaurant doesn’t say anything about the additional cost. As we finished our meal we walked around the city checking the museums and main attractions of historical paintings. We didn't stay long in Venice because we had to catch our train to Florence at the Venice main train station. Coming back to this city was worth it and a lot warmer compared to when I was here two years ago. In my next blog I will be heading into Florence, I wonder what lies ahead. Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment