Friday, May 25, 2012

Last day in Dublin

G'day Mates! Today is my last day In Dublin, Ireland, but I made sure I saw as much as I could see before leaving. I finally got a chance to sleep in, and was well rested for the big day ahead. As Sophia and I got ready we had to pack because we had to check out for the day. Afterwards we headed out to eat breakfast at a local restaurant, and the meal was reasonably priced. I got scrambled eggs with toast, and coffee for 4 euros and it was delicious. As we finished we headed downtown to check out the free Museums in Dublin. We checked out some unique places that showed Ireland artwork, and artifacts that dated back for centuries. After going to several museums we worked up an appetite so we got food at a local Irish bar. I got an Irish stew with Irish soda bread and a local Irish stout beer, and I must say everything was worth the cost! I must say I am impressed with the portion sizes; it reminded me of being in Wisconsin with meat and potatoes. Being full in Ireland is a key component, but walking it off is simple. We decided to head off to the airport to make sure we didn't miss our flight to London. The check in was simple at the airport and we quickly entered our gate without any problems. In a matter of time we boarded our plane of Britain Midland Airways. The flight was smooth and only took an hour to arrive in London. It was a journey to get to our hostel because London is a huge place, but by following our nose and asking locals we found our hostel without any problems. Since we have a tour of the city in the morning I should get some sleep to get ready for the big day ahead. So I will catch you soon, and let you know in my next blog about my experience in the UK.

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment