Friday, May 25, 2012

Day two of Dublin

G'day Mates! After a lovely first day in Dublin, the second day was even better. The day started off with me only having three hours of sleep because my friend Sophia and  I decided to go on a bus tour to Galway, Ireland. We left early in the morning at 7:10 a.m. and arrived at MacCoole Tours for our journey of the day. On this bus tour we visited a traditional Irish farm that has been with the family for 300 years, and we were guided to Burren Mountain Walk. We were astonished of the views we saw from the bus ride and walking around the different towns. In one stop we tried a real Irish coffee made with Jameson Whiskey, and it was yummy. Shortly afterwards we visited a Medieval Irish Castle called Dunguaire. It is amazing to see a building that lasted so long; I imagined what it would be like to live in the past. As we got on the bus the bus driver played Irish music, it was the perfect setting for an Irish tour. For our last stop we walked about Galway City to check out the shops and attractions, then  shortly afterwards we headed back to Dublin. I must say these tours are a great way to kick off this journey, but I must get some sleep because I probably had six hours of sleep in three days. In my next blog I'll talk about my last day in Ireland and my first night in London, England. See you soon!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment