Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day One in London

G'day Mates! Welcome to London. I must warn you this is going to be a fast trip throughout London.  My friend Sophia and I booked three walking tours for London on our first day. Our first tour was a free walking tour of Royal London where we learned about the Royal family and the history of how things are done in their policies. During this tour we were able to see Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, 10 Downing Street, and many more historical sites.  I was amazed with the information I gained during this tour. It felt like I was in a history class, but better because I was able to visualize the information first hand. In our second tour we saw the Old City of London. In this tour   we saw the Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral, Covent Garden, and other fun unique sites around the city.  The historical value of learning about these places is priceless and I will remember this information for a long time. Our last tour of the day included Grim Reapers of London; which talked about Jack the Ripper, Ghost of Ancient London, former execution sites, and other mysterious information about the city. It amazes me the things people find in the city and how the city evolved during the decades. I recommend if traveling to a city to check out the company, Sandemans, free walking tour guides as they can be found in many European cities. After a long twelve hours of walking through the city we got hungry. We decided to check out a local India restaurant that is famous in London. The food was amazing and worth the cost because everything was fresh and spicy just the way I like it. Afterwards we headed to the tube (underground rail system) to head back to our hostel. Since we had another long day ahead we went to bed to get rested for our day two adventure in London. Until then I shall see you on our next adventure in our last day in London.

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment