Thursday, May 31, 2012

London Day Two


G'day Mates. Welcome to my last day in London! I must say I am a bit sad because London is so massive, but Sophia and I made sure we could see all the things we could see especially all the tourist attractions. After knowing where everything was located from our previous tours, we felt like pros traveling throughout the city.  We visited different museums including The National and the National Portrait Museums, follow by a local art museum where local artist display their work, and paint their art live. It blew my mind to see how much talent these artist have with animals and still life pictures. Afterwards we walked along the river to see the main attractions along the water side of town. There were a lot of people enjoying the beautiful weather, and enjoying their holiday. I got some unique pictures to show you, and hopefully my video will work to show some live footage of the different cities.  Since I love to eat we stopped at a Britain pub restaurant. I figure since I am on holiday I must try the various cuisines. At the pub I got a beef rib pie with mashed potatoes and carrots on the side. It was delicious and the amount of food I received was perfect for dinner, and of course I tried local beer from London. It was actually good, although they serve their beer warm because of the process that they make beer it must be served in a certain way.  Once we got back to our hostel Sophia headed off to bed and I stayed awake for a while because I love the nightlife and I am a night owl. I headed downstairs to the bar that was located inside and they were showing the futbol match between England and Norway. I was excited because I was able to cheer on England as I was actually in London. I met some really friendly people who were watching the game as well, and they were from South Africa, France, Norway, and Australia.  We were having a good time watching the game and getting to know one another. The best part of traveling is meeting people from all over the world and making connections. This is the main reason why I encourage people to take the step to discover the world because there are so many things to see and do.   Well mates this concludes my last night in London. I need to come back someday, but I am looking forward for my trip to Paris, France. I shall see you on the mainland mates!!


Cheers,

Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment