Thursday, May 24, 2012

Across the Pond

G’day mates!  Welcome to an exciting adventure ahead for the next month.  My friend Sophia and I will be discovering new countries, cuisines, and cultures.  For Day 1 of our trip we started in Chicago flying out of O’Hare International Airport. Before we departed we grabbed a quick bite to eat at Great American Bagel.  I got a turkey sandwich served on a cinnamon raisin bagel.  It sounds a bit odd, but the flavors marinated well with one another.  I recommend trying this sandwich because these bagels are amazing!  Our first flight was a short trip with a layover in Charleston, South Carolina which was smooth and super-fast flight.  After a two hour flight we got a little hungry again so we decided to eat at this restaurant called Carolina Barbecue.  I must say I recommend the food here because they had one of the best barbecue sauces I have tried thus far.  I got a beef brisket with macaroni and cheese and green beans.  I was full after this meal.  Shortly afterwards it was time for us to board our next flight to Dublin.  In my next blog I will talk about my day 1 in Dublin. I am super excited until then I’ll catch you across the pond. 
Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment