Monday, April 23, 2012

Visiting the Windy City


Howdy mates, on April 5, I traveled down to Chicago to visit my family and to celebrate my religion Feast of Unleavened Bread. I was super excited to see my family and people I haven’t seen in a long time from church. I drove down to Milwaukee to take the Greyhound Bus to Chicago. The reason why I took the bus is because I hate driving through traffic, so I figured it would be easier for someone to do the driving in heavy traffic. As I entered the Windy City of Chicago, I realized how much I love big cities due to skyscrapers, variety of food, and the numerous things to do. Once my parents came to pick me up we headed to church to feast. I had a great time with everyone talking about the past, and discussing future events to do as a family. After we finished our meal I was super stuffed, but everything was delicious. Afterwards we headed home, and since I was super tired I fell asleep immediately when I got in bed.
The next morning my mother made breakfast for the family. We had eggs, beef bacon, potatoes, and coffee. I must say nothing beats a home cooked meal, although my family misses my cooking as well. After we finished breakfast we headed downtown so I could catch the bus back to Fond du Lac. I decided to hang out with my family a little longer to check out stores, and shop around. Of course when you are having fun time goes by fast, so I had to sadly leave. As I was walking to the bus station I made sure I stopped by my favorite places before going back to Wisconsin. I stopped at a restaurant called Pre-A-Manager which is a place where they serve fresh food daily, and the left over foods are donated to a local food pantry. Next I stopped at my favorite coffee shop Dunkin Donuts; I love this place because the coffee and the price are amazing. Afterwards I continued my journey to the bus station to head back to Fond du Lac. The ride back was smooth and the weather was very pleasant, and I finally made it home. I was a bit tired from the journey, but hopefully next time I will to see my family longer. Well mates I guess it is time to dock the ship, for the weekend ahead.

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment