Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nutrition Class



Ahoy mates, on April 3, I was super excited because it was my last nutrition class. Although, I had a great time learning a lot of useful information, but now I have more time to focus on my other classes, and prepare for the busy month ahead. The day started off with me passing out flyers for Blessed Bee Cupcakes and The Coffee House to promote their businesses, and to bring awareness of the project they are working on. The project is to benefit recovery and resurrection homes in Fond du Lac. This unique service impacts people of the community. To find more information you can check out the website at www.recoveryhomesfdl.com. I recommend participating in this project to help others who are in need.

Once I finished passing out flyers, I started to work on my mostaccioli recipe for my nutrition class. For our last class, our instructor Tom decided it would be a good idea to have a Last Supper theme. The purpose of this last meal was to show us how much food we are supposed to have if we follow our daily calories per meal number. For me I am only supposed to have 932 calories per meal, but It amazes me how little or how much food I can only have. Although it is not hard to calculate, but I find it difficult to count and decide how much of a portion size I am suppose to have per meal. Especially since I love to eat and try new food. I do recommend trying this method if you have any health concerns. Overall I enjoy this class because I was able to learn useful information about the foods we eat. I also enjoyed the research I did referring to use food as medicine, since I am not a big believer using the typical medicine found in stores. I think down the road I would take this class again to further my studies about nutrition values and medicine. We all enjoyed the food we made for our last class, and most importantly we learned a lot by having fun. Well mates after a hearty meal, it’s time for bed. I’ll catch you on the next voyage as we set sail to sweet home Chicago for a day!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment