Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Brand New Month

G’day mates, welcome to a new month where April showers are bringing May flowers. After having a fun month of March, I wonder what April has to offer? As the semester is getting closer to the end there is a lot of things to do. Some of the events that are coming up include Multicultural day, Gourmet Dinner, Student Ambassador in Madison, and many more exciting events. To start off the new month in my Food Principle’s class we started to learn about the various cooking methods of fish. I was excited to learn about this section because fish is easy to cook as long you cook it with the right method. In class we made lobsters, perch, snail, cod, and some other fishes. It amazes me how many ways you can cook fish, and each method has a different flavor profile. I have some pictures below of the various fish we made on April 2. Since my class is in the morning, many people are turned off by having fish in the morning but I didn’t mind it. Especially since I didn’t eat anything for breakfast, this was a great start for me to get my protein count in. After class I decided I need to start eating healthy, so I made homemade granola from scratch. I figured instead of buying this product at the store I could make it at school at a cheaper cost. If you want the recipe you can email me at lmcclendon@morainepark.edu, and I’ll send you the directions. My granola turned out really tasty; it’s the perfect snack when you are on the go or mixed with yogurt for lunch or breakfast. Well mates, that’s all for today, but in our next journey I will talk about my experience for my last day of nutrition class, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment