Friday, March 2, 2012

Sunday Fun day



Ahoy Mates! February 19 was a super long but fun day. It all started with me working at Qdoba in the morning. My shift wasn’t too bad for a Sunday, but it seems like lately we’ve been getting a good rush in the afternoon times; which is good as it makes the time go by faster. I was ready to be done because I was excited to go tubing with my friend Rachel at Sunburst Ski Resort located in Kewaskum, Wisconsin. Once I finished my shift we grabbed a bit to eat at Hardees, and they have this new buffalo chicken sandwich which is really good and I recommend it. Then we headed on down to Sunburst. On that day the weather was beautiful, sunny, and warm; a perfect day to be outside. As we approached the ski resort we could tell there was a difference in the temperature because it was a lot cooler with all the snow around. We waited in line for ten minutes but the wait was worth the adventure. As we approach the hill there is a tube elevator that allowed us to go up on the hill without getting tired. Once we were on top of the hill we saw how beautiful the area looked on top of the hill. There were a lot of people in line, but it went by super fast once things got started. When it was my turn to go down the hill I was so pumped. The first dip of the hill my stomach drop but the rush overturned my fear of the speed. We easily went down the hill over a dozen of times. As time went by my friend Rachel and I would race to see who was the fastest. We both broke even in the series. After awhile we got tired and headed back home, but for me I still had a soccer match in Oshkosh. I already knew by the end of the night I would be super tired and sore from all the activities.
An hour later my soccer match started and we were pushing for a win because this session we haven’t been doing the best as we usually do. Although this league is for fun, we like to win at the same time. We started off strong by taking the lead three to zero. Then, out of nowhere the opposing team caught up by scoring three unanswered goals. At half time we tried to see what we were doing wrong, and change our plan. Our new approach worked for awhile but then we allowed the opposing team to score to end the game on a tie. We were a bit disappointed so we are looking forward to our next game in the upcoming week. Afterwards I headed home, I thought I would be able to do some more homework, but I was too tired to stay awake. So now you can see why today was a super long fun Sunday! In my next voyage you will hear about how I prepared for my Student Ambassador interview, so stay tuned!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment