Sunday, March 4, 2012

The big day

G’day Mates! February 22 was the day I got interviewed for becoming student ambassador for Moraine Park Technical College. I was a little nervous for this interview because I was in front of eight people asking me questions about myself and why I would be a good fit for this position. Since I’m used to talking in front of people I became comfortable answering my questions and making eye contact with each person. Towards the end of my interview session I was aware a student ambassador has many responsibilities such as committing to a one-year term, attending student senate meetings, attending campus activities, and much more. This experience was great because I was able to use my communication skills and practice being in front of people without getting nervous. The best thing I got out of this interview session was I was able to meet the committee members who are from the surrounding community. Overall I felt this position would be perfect for me because I am very outgoing, I attend the various events on campus, and I love networking and meeting new people. I hope I will get this position, so my fingers are crossed! I will keep you posted on my next blog of what the results are. See you soon!
Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment