Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Good News

Howdy Mates! February 23 started off on a good note because I found out I got the student ambassador position for Moraine Park Technical College. It is a honor to have this position because I know I will do whatever it takes to get people involved with campus activities, and communicating with students, staff, and instructors. I am looking forward to the numerous activities ahead and working on becoming a better person to balance my schedule and staying well rounded. After I received the good news I headed off to my Ethnic Restaurant class. I told some of my friends and classmates and they congratulated me on my new position. As we continued with class we went over how to service our guests in restaurants. I learned some important information how to keep guests satisfied, and the proper ways to serve drinks and food to people. All of these steps will help me to teach others down the road of the knowledge I was taught. Once class was done I did some errands around town paying off my bills, and keeping up with the maintenance of my vehicle. Afterwards I meet up with my friend Sean to have dinner at a local restaurant called Parrot Palms located on Johnson Street in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. Since we both have busy schedules we meet up at least once a week and catching up on each lives and laughing of the past. Parrot Palms was a unique place, the theme was compared to a tropical place like Hawaii. There is a decent size dance floor, and the music was good because they were playing great music from the 70s. It is always nice listening to music in the past instead of the typical radio music. Five minutes later we ordered our food, and within no time the food came out. I ordered a hamburger, chips, and their hottest wings because I love spicy foods. After we finished our dinner we played a series of pool, although I’m not very good I still won because my friend Sean kept hitting in the eight ball, but I didn’t complain. Overall I must say we would come back and try some other food on the menu too see If they have the best in town. Since it was Thursday night I went into work to DJ at Slim and Chubby’s, and it was a solid night. People were dancing and enjoying themselves; this always makes me happy to see other people having a great time out. Well mates after a fun productive day it’s time for me to get some sleep I have another big weekend ahead. Ciao!
Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment