Thursday, February 16, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday


G’day Mates! Super Bowl Sunday is one of the biggest days of the year. As most of you probably know, this year’s matchup was between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. I wasn’t too excited for the game because none of my favorite teams made it, but I was excited for the commercials to see what company had the best one. My day started off with me going to work at Qdoba which wasn’t too bad because a lot of people were getting ready for the Super Bowl party. Afterwards my friend Rachel and I headed up to Appleton, Wisconsin to do some shopping at the Fox Valley mall. We found some great deals on clearance items at different stores. Once we finish shopping we worked up an appetite so we decided to get some supper at TGI Friday’s. There weren’t many people in the restaurant so we decided to eat in the bar area because were able to watch the game as well. Looking through the menu was hard because there were so many great entrees to choose from; it took me about ten minutes to decide what I wanted. I chose this new deal on the menu, which was an appetizer, an entrée, and a dessert, all for $12.99. This is definitely a bang for your buck, I recommend it if you come to this restaurant to check out their menu special. By the way, the food turned out wonderful and everything was fulfilling. At this time we were having a good time talking, watching the game, and laughing at the commercials. My favorite commercial of all was the M&M one because I could relate to the theme they were talking about. Check out the commercial click on the link at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q33drZUXSzY . I guarantee you will get a good laugh out of it.

At halftime we figured we should head home so we’d have enough time to watch the second half of the big game. Once I got home I quickly turned the game on to make sure I didn’t miss anything because this game was more intense and close than I expected. I decided it would be a good idea for me to do my homework at the same to multitask, but that didn’t last long because I was glued to the television. Each team was playing their hearts out since the game was on the line. I was cheering for the New York Giants because I can’t stand the New England Patriots because of long term rivals. In the final minute of the game nobody knew who was going to take home the championship trophy because the game kept going back and forth. During the last play of the game the Giants had the lead, but the Patriots had the ball to win. With a Hail Mary throw to win, the Patriots didn’t catch the ball, therefore the Giants won Super Bowl XLVI. I clapped in joy, and texted some of my friends on the east coast to congrats them on their team winning. They were super excited. After an intense game and day I called it a day and started on my homework. Until next time, Ciao!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment