Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Busy Monday

G’day mates! February 6, was a special day because it was my mother’s birthday. Although I wasn’t able to celebrate with her I did send a card to her in the mail, and she loved it! Sometimes it is hard not seeing my family all the time because we live three hours away, but I make sure we constantly keep in touch with our busy schedule either by phone, mail, or text. After I finish talking to my mother on the phone I got ready for my busy day of errands. I first went to H&R Block to file for my taxes, this process didn’t take as long as I expected. The staff members were friendly and they made sure any questions I had were answered, and made sure my tax return was a smooth return. Afterwards I headed down to Blessed Bee Cupcake because I couldn’t resist some cupcakes. The special for this week was Guinness and RumChata cupcakes, and they were delicious -- filled with moisture that was out of this world. Once I got my sweet tooth fix in I got ready for my classes.

In my catering class we worked on our personal catering business. It is pretty fun and creative to come up with a catering business and running it as a real business. The name of my business is called JukeboxLee catering service which specializes in tailgating party from different sporting events. Once class finished I quickly got ready for our culinary club meeting. We went over our agenda of upcoming events and creating committee groups to participate in upcoming fundraisers. Afterwards it was time for my Nutrition class. We discuss the nutrition values of food and talking about how they can be healthy or unhealthy. This class is very interesting because we are able to discuss the purpose of food and how it can improve people’s health. During our break time we were able to sample various types of eggs from another class of breakfast pasta and grain. They were learning how to cook eggs in different methods, and like I always say the best part of culinary is eating and sampling. I did over indulge myself with eggs, but it was well worth it! We finished class a little earlier, and then we were able to work on our assignment for the following week. It didn’t take me long to finish then I decided to go home and relax after a long busy Monday. Well mates, like always it is a pleasure to share my journey with you, until next time Ciao!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment