Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Good o Thursday, Feb. 2

G’day Mates, today I had to wake up early but it was worthy for a special event. I was invited to attend a Rotary Club breakfast meeting at South Hill’s Golf & Country Club in Fond du Lac. I was the nominated student of the month for Moraine Park Technical College for my leadership skills both in and outside of the classroom, and being involved with various activities. It was an honor to meet and connect to the President of the club and other members in the community. Some of the members I recognized from my previous school at Marian University. The meeting started with a buffet style breakfast, followed by the opening of the meeting. Shortly afterwards I gave a short speech to the members about myself and the future goals I plan on doing. Speaking in front of people gives me the opportunity to share my experience and encourage people to try new things. After my speech the meeting continued with the agenda followed by a video presentation about a soy cow program hosted in Peru. Soy cow is program that assists the less privilege by passing out calcium products to the community to improve their diets. To find out more information, check out the website at http://www.dreamcenterperu.com/projects.htm. This is an excellent program started by a member of the Rotary Club. To find out more information on Fond du Lac’s morning Rotary Club check out the website at http://www.fdlmorningrotary.com/.

After the meeting I headed off to school for my ethnic restaurant class. We went over costing sheets and menus for our restaurant day. As a reminder my restaurant day is on May 3, 2012 at Park Terrace Restaurant at Moraine Park Technical College’s Fond du Lac campus, and my cuisine is South Korea. If you have the opportunity to come my restaurant day I recommend and it will be an honor to have a great turnout on my restaurant day. After class I basically got some homework done before I DJ’ing at Slim and Chubby’s later that night. There was a good turnout of people that came and danced the night away. I love to DJ because it gives me the opportunity to learn and play songs from different genres and make sure people have a great time! After an early morning and a late night, it is time for me to sleep because Super Bowl weekend is ahead, and I am looking forward the commercials and entertainment! Ciao!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment