Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sweet Home Chicago!

January 16 was the day I finally got the chance to take a small trip to Chicago to visit my family. The last time I was in the windy city was last September when I went to watch the Bears game with my friend Tyler at Soldier Field. I decided the best and cheapest way for me to travel was for me to drive to Milwaukee and park at the Amtrak parking lot then take the Mega bus to Chicago. Mega bus is a bus service that offers cheap prices to various locations throughout the Midwest region. My bus ticket only cost me $12.50 for a round trip from Milwaukee to Chicago. After a two hour bus ride I finally made it to sweet home Chicago. As I arrived in the city my family came to pick me up. It was great seeing them because I missed them a lot and I have not seen them in awhile. We decided to head out to the mall in Orland Park, Illinois. Compared to Fond du Lac’s Forest Mall Orland was twice the size and has stores on two levels. I forgot how busy places in my hometown can be, but I wasn’t complaining. I miss all the loud noises and so many things to do. My family and I did a little shopping around checking the latest deals and clearance. We found some good stuff ranging from shoes to clothing items. The shopping made us a little hungry so we got some food from the food court. Afterwards it was time to head home to get ready for dinner. My mom and I have this little competition of who can find a restaurant that one of us hasn’t tried yet. So she picked this restaurant named Tuscany which is an Italian restaurant located in the city of Chicago. This place was amazing; the atmosphere was unique because it reminded me of being in Italy. The people were friendly, and most important the food was fantastic. I decided to get veal ravioli served with Alfredo sauce, my mom got a chicken dish served with potatoes and vegetables, and my step-dad got a rack of lamb ribs from New Zealand served with vegetables. Like I said before everything tasted great. I tried to utilize some French words I learned and remember, and the people working there were impressing. Although I know very little of French any attempt is always appreciated. We ended our meal with Tiramisu for dessert; if you never tried this dish then you are missing out. This dessert is delicious, soft, and full of flavors so don’t miss out on this amazing dessert. We were super stuffed, but in a good way. I will definitely come back to this place and bring others. Well after an amazing day, I call it a day. Until next time, I’ll catch you up on my voyage in Chicago. Cheers, Lee IV

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lee!I got another restaurant for you.Its called the Pumproom.I'm planning on going on my birthday. I will let you know how the food will taste in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete