Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chicago Part 2

January 17 was round two for me in Chicago. That day I woke up to my mom and step-dad making breakfast, and it smelled so good. Nothing beats waking up to a hearty breakfast; we had turkey sausage, potatoes, eggs, croissants, and a cup of coffee. This was a perfect way to start the day off especially since I haven’t had anybody cook me breakfast in awhile. Afterwards I got ready to go visit my grandma before she went to work. I gave my grandma the nickname of Clarice because our favorite film is Silence of the Lamb, so for years I have been calling her that. Since my grandma works third shift she went to bed. Then I decided I should go out and shop around to see if anything was on sale at the stores. I caught some decent deals on random things that may come in handy when I go traveling. Shortly afterwards I headed back to my grandma’s house and watched television until my dad came to pick me up for dinner. I haven’t seen my dad in awhile since we both have busy schedules. Once my dad came we decided to eat at Chili’s in town. It was nice catching up with each other and seeing what was new. I ordered a guacamole burger with fries, and my dad ordered a sample platter, both foods turned out well, and the service was good. The hours flew by and it was time for us to leave because the restaurant was about to close. Afterwards my dad dropped me off at home, then that pretty much completed my round two in Chicago. Nothing too big today, but seeing my family is what matters the most. Well stay tuned for my final day in Sweet Home Chicago!
Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment