Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week after Turkey Break

After having a week off from school it was back to reality at school. My day started with going to my vegetables and potatoes class. We did a lot of exciting things such as making twice baked potatoes, baked potatoes, and made random objects made out of potatoes. I always wonder who said you can’t play with your food because in culinary that rule doesn’t apply.

After class I had the opportunity to get a free massage sponsor by MPTC student life. Usually this event occurs once a month, but since by high demand an additional date was added on. I recommend signing up early because spots fill up fast within seconds. Once I was finished with my massage I had to start my salads class. Our main focus was to work on the salad competition on Thursday, so my friend Angel and I worked on our design and made flyers to spread the news about the event. Our main focus was to show people the salads that we made were freshly grown in Moraine Park’s hydroponics lab, and every product was made in Wisconsin. It is important especially nowadays to purchase food that are locally grown and support local business. When foods are purchased locally the food is a lot fresher compared to products shipped from around the world. In my next blog I will tell you the results of our salad competition.

After a long fun day of classes, a couple of friends from MPTC decided to celebrate our friend Chelssie’s birthday at BackYard Grill and Bar in Fond du Lac located on Johnson Street across from Moraine Park. Since the restaurant was so close we decided to walk, instead of driving and wasting gas. The only bad part about walking was the weather was chilly and windy, but that didn’t stop us. We ran across the street without any problems. As we sat we beat the dinner rush, so we were able to get our food super fast. I got a southwestern burger with fries, and it was delicious! No matter what time of the year or day BackYard Grill and Bar is constantly crowded, and has tons of great food to try, everything on the menu is good. After a great meal we headed back to school to play a board game named “Things”. It is a fun game to play with friends, and you get a good laugh from it. We played for two hours; it is amazing how fast time flies when you’re having fun. Well of course all good things come to an end so it was time to go home and call it a day. That’s all for now until next time, Ciao!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment