Monday, December 5, 2011

Turkey Break Day 4

Today is the day I have been waiting all week for, the official turkey day! Since I didn’t go home for turkey day my friend Dustin invited me over to have dinner with some of his housemates. The weather was pretty warm, perfect weather to go for a walk and play some American football. The turkey we had we got for free, which saved us money; this turkey was a nice a nice sized for us to eat. I figured since we got the turkey for free I could contribute by bringing my homemade apple pie I made in class, and then I realized I should make my infamous homemade mac & cheese. When I went to Festival Foods to buy the ingredients I needed, I noticed since it was turkey day a lot of businesses were closed and everything seemed so deserted. It kind of reminded me of an old western film when the town was a ghost town. The store wasn’t crowded so I was able to get in and out of the store without any crowded lines, then I headed back to my friend’s house to start my cooking. By the time I got back the turkey was already cooking for an hour and it smelled so good. Knowing that we had another three hours for the turkey to be done my stomach was growling loud. During this time we started to make our side dishes and our dinner menu was getting bigger and bigger. Finally after three hours all the food was ready and it was it time for us to eat. Although it was only four of us we had a lot of food, but who can complain it smelled and looked so good. Altogether we had green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, apple pie, mac and cheese, and of course the turkey. We really enjoyed the food we made; I even had enough room for seconds. Of course for some reason when we eat a turkey dinner we tend to go into a food coma, so we slept for about an hour. Afterwards I was feeling refreshed and by this time I caught the end of the Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins football game. It was a great ending as the Cowboys finished with the victory by kicking a game winning field goal. Once the game ended I helped cleaned up and gathered some food for leftovers, then I went back home.
As I was sitting home I was contemplating rather or not should I go shopping at midnight for Black Friday. Since I never went at midnight I figured I should go to get the full experience of the thrill of Black Friday deals. I went to Best Buy by myself to see what deals I could find; by the time I got there the line was already wrapped around the building at 10:30 p.m. I wasn’t too shocked since I heard Wal-Mart was crazy packed there. As I waited in line I met some cool people who were talking about what they were trying to buy. I wasn’t looking for anything in particular; my goal was anything that was a reasonable price I would buy it. Finally midnight approached and people went inside to find the gifts they wanted to buy, I went to the camera section and got a great deal on a camera bundle. Then I looked in the tablet section too see if there were any deals, and indeed there was. I got an Android tablet which is pretty much a smaller version of a computer. Shortly afterwards I got in line to checkout then I saw some of my friends, which made waiting in line a lot smoother because we talked and made the time go by faster. In total we were in line for about 45 minutes, but it was worth it because of the deals I got. Afterwards I went home to start playing with my new toys then went to bed since I still had to work the next morning. Well after this long day that is it for this voyage, catch you next time!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment