Saturday, December 10, 2011

New Month New Fun



Thursday, December 1, was the new month which only means more fun lies ahead. This is the day I have been waiting for because in my salad class we were having our salad competition. After waiting for two months for our spinach and lettuce to grow we had the opportunity to display and sell our salads. Each group in my salads class has very creative ideas which give the competition more of a challenge. Once everything was done we had to display our salads in the cafeteria for people to sell. It was a slow start, so I decided it was a good idea to play music at our table because if our team name was Party Rock we should play music, and it worked, one person bought our salad. So that was a start but not enough to sell the rest of our salad, so then I decided to go around the school and tell people to check out the competition, and it worked. People saw how unique each group designed their salad, especially since everything was freshly grown at school and locally. At the end the results were in to see which group made the most in profits of selling their salads, and the winners were my friend Angel and I. We sold five salads for $6 each with the grand total of $30. At first we hesitated about pricing our salads, but everything worked out well and we did a good job. Overall each group did a wonderful job on their salads. There will be more competition soon so stay tuned!
Later in the night my day got even better because I had the opportunity to DJ for the first time at a local bar named Slim and Chubby’s located on Main Street in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. I was a little nervous because it was my first debut and I wanted to do a good job. So I told some of my friends to come out and check out the fun. Once I got to the bar the owner showed me the basic concept of using the computer and lights throughout the night, it wasn’t too hard to learn, but the challenge is to keep people happy and having fun. Although there weren’t a lot of people out, my friends came to support me so that meant a lot and we still had a lot of fun. We rocked the night away by singing and dancing, it wasn’t a bad start for me. My next DJ night is on Thursday, December 15, at Slim and Chubby’s, so if your 21 and older come check out the fun! Well that’s all for now, check you later!

Cheers,
Lee IV

1 comment: