Thursday, December 22, 2011

Finals Day 2




Welcome back to day two of finals, if you are taking finals as well I wish you the best of luck! In my potatoes/vegetables class we had a challenge final, we had to pick a tray of food and make several dishes out of them such as the television show “Chopped” on the Food Network. The tray I picked had a lot of fun items that I was able to cook with. I have pictures to show you the dishes I came up with and they turned out pretty well. My afternoon final was for salads class, and of course we had to create several salad dishes ranging from Chef Salad to a compose salad. This time around I felt more confident with my salad garnish. I found out lately that I like to create and design food items rather than making them.

After a day of final exams I headed home and I had nothing planned, until I came home my housemate reminded me it was my friend’s birthday. Well like always my adventure is never ending, so we went to La Tapitia Mexican restaurant located on Johnson Street in Fond du Lac, WI. This is my favorite Mexican restaurant in town, if you never been here before then I recommend this is a must have food. From their authentic tacos to their hocharta (rice water) everything is good. There were about fifteen of us celebrating my friend Denny’s birthday. We laughed and ate well for hours; spending time with friends is always a good time. That is all for now another day in the book checked off!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment