Monday, November 14, 2011

Start of a new Weekend


The one thing I love about the weekend is that I don’t have classes on Friday. That is a good day for me because it gives me the chance to run errands, write blogs, and plan things out for the weekend. On November 4, after attending a couple of meetings for school, my weekend officially started. A group of friends and I went to Coliseum Bar & Grill located downtown Fond du Lac on main street for supper. For some reason it was really packed with parents and their children. Usually it is not this crowded, but lucky enough one of my friends reserved seats for us. It actually didn’t take too long for our order to come in. I ordered chicken wings with extra hot sauce and french fries. If you are ever looking for a place to eat in town for a casual restaurant, I recommend this place. They have a wide range of menu choices to choose from. After supper we headed off to the Marian University Men’s Hockey game at Blue Line in Fond du Lac. They played Lake Forest College hockey team. Both teams were eager to get the victory, and the game showed how much passion they have. Marian took the early lead and didn’t look back; Marian eventually won the game 3-0 showing their fans this season will be great. They appreciated the fans to give them the support to carry them on to victory. Afterwards I headed home and called it a night, since I was a bit tired from the busy week.
The next day got even better, after I finished my shift at work I got ready for Brew Fest at the Elk Lodge in Fond du Lac located on Sheboygan and Main Street. This event featured over fifty flavors of beers from local and statewide brewery and around the world. Although I went to the event by myself since no one was able to come with, I figured I would meet new people there. In fact I did as time passed I met some really cool people, ranging from all ages. I even met people who were alumni from my former school at Marian University. I also met people who homebrew their own beers and I learned new information about beers that I didn’t know before. Coming to this event allowed me to get a better understanding about beers, meeting new people, and trying something new. I hope there are more events like this to learn new things and share my knowledge to others. I reckon (means recommend in Aussie) for people to attend events like these to have fun and do something different. Til next time check you later!
Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment