Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Everything taste better when deep-fried

As I promised in my last blog I would update you on my deep-fry experience of several foods. I must agree with myself everything does taste better deep-fried, “Just Saying”. In my Hot Sandwich class our agenda for the day was to think of any food recipes and deep fry them. I decided to deep fry bananas, pumpkins, and hot dogs. The key factor of deep-frying is finding the right ingredients for the batter you want to use for your food. Each food has to be a certain temperature and mixture to get a good result of your recipes. Once I deep-fried my bananas they turned out pretty good; since I like spicy food I added in my favorite spices to kick it up a notch. I figure fried bananas would be perfect for a top on vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel. I realized deep-fry pumpkin is an alternate way of eating chips because once I added cumin to the flavor profile it enhanced the chip like flavor. For my final recipe I made corn dogs, which is an American favorite food at fairs and ball games. This recipe is fun to make and I recommend this dish for all ages, I guarantee you will not just eat one. My other classmates made some interesting deep-fried recipes as well ranging from snickers to vegetables. I must say my favorite dish of them was a deep-fried Oreo. Some say it is really good; and indeed it is, something about the sweetness of the cookie and the fry dough is a perfect combo of goodness.

So after an afternoon eating “heaps” (mean a lot in Aussie) of deep-fried foods I decided to hydrate on water, and get ready for Yoga. I have not worked out since the summer, so I figured it was time for me to get in better shape and refresh the body. I attended a Yoga session at the Fond du Lac Center for Spirituality and Healing located downtown on Main Street. This Yoga session went for 90 minutes; during this time I challenged my body to be flexible and worked on my breathing count. Afterwards I felt so refreshed and full of energy. I learned Yoga is good for anyone, during this workout it allows you to become calm and find your inner self. I hope to continue doing yoga because it is good for my health. For more information you can look online http://www.fcsh.org/ for class and events. My next blog will be about my first weekend of November! Stay Tuned!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment