Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Something New



For my vegetables and potatoes class we made foods I have never cooked with before. Every time I go to the store shopping in the produce area I wonder how to make certain vegetables into a meal such as brussel sprouts and parsnips? After learning how to cook these products I will not hesitate to purchase them anymore. Once I learn a new cooking technique I’m determined to find new creative ways to have other people enjoy them as well. We made a parsnip puree, broccoli almandine, Brussels sprouts, squash soup, and vegetables skewers. These recipes came out really good; with the fresh herbs added it adds a unique flavor profile. I’ve notice many people do not like vegetables because the way they were cooked or they had too much of it growing up. Actually if people would continue to eat their veggies it can improve their immune system and vegetables have high nutrition values. All of these freshly made foods can be purchased by the public everyday in the Culinary Corner in the coolers, and the cost is at a low cost.

After class some friends from MPTC decided we should go to a restaurant where our friend works at. We drove to Fin and Feather Supper Club in Campbellsport, Wisconsin which is 30 minutes from Fond du Lac. I always heard about this place but I wasn’t sure what to expect from this supper club. Fin and Feather Supper Club is basically in the middle of nowhere, but after arriving at the restaurant I realized the beautiful scenery in the back of the building. I was told in the summer eating outside is the way to go because of the open space and the natural atmosphere surrounded by a creek and trees. For appetizers we got fried onions which were super massive, then shortly after we received our meal. I got a Jackie southwest burger served on ciabatta bread with french fries. The burger was good full of flavors from the peppers and onions and warm cheddar cheese. If you want to try something new I would say head out and checkout this place. The people were friendly as well so yeah just don’t sit there, come and try for yourself! On my next blog I will tell about my deep-fry experience for my hot sandwich class.

Ciao,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment