Friday, October 21, 2011

Midterms Already?!



I can’t believe how fast the semester is going; it is already been eight weeks into the semester. Thus far I am enjoying my classes. One of my classes ended; now I have two more classes added on. My midterm exam for my Meat, Fish, and Poultry class went better than I expected. I learned a lot from various cooking methods to different cuts of meat. We were evaluated on our knowledge in the kitchen by having a set of recipes and doing them in a timely matter, and then afterwards we were given a written exam. As I finished the exams I realized how much information I learned from the start of the semester. This is why I feel the Culinary Arts program is where I belong because of self-fulfillment and the people who are in the program are awesome, our bond has grown since I started in January 2011.

Furthermore, this week is club week; people from all over MPTC are representing their clubs. This is a good chance for people to meet new people, and the opportunity to join clubs that catches their interest. At the same event people are able to sign up for a raffle prize to win gas cards, and other great prizes. I am actually part of the culinary club serving as Treasurer. I started with this club last semester, and I already experienced a lot of new things I haven’t done before. Basically the culinary club is open to all people no matter what program they are going for. We do numerous events such Fondue Fest, various dinners, and other special events. These are great ways to network and meet people throughout the community and statewide. We fundraise for a trip to either Chicago or Germany, this is how I got involved traveling with the group back in May 2011. There are so many things we do as a group, if you are interested in joining or wanting more information you can contact me or visit the culinary corner by the cafeteria to catch the updated news.

Back to the ranch on October 19, in my baking class we finished making our breads. My partner and I made a Honey Oatmeal Bread, and it turned out really good. Every time fresh breads comes out people quickly purchase these breads and are gone within a day. This is something different that I would like to add to my future restaurant to make fresh bread from scratch to incorporate with my cuisines. In my afternoon class for my hot sandwich class we had a midterm. We are judged on a hot sandwich entrée; basically we had to choose a meal that can be used in a restaurant. Well that’s all for now because now I have to start my midterm. On my next blog I’ll tell you the final results!

Tschuss,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment