Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Friday!

Like I promised before in my last blog, I was going to tell you the results of our midterm for Hot Sandwich class. Our midterm felt like being on a television show on the Food Network because we had to present our entrée sandwich in front of three judges, then at the end we were critiqued on our food. This brought a little more intensity because we wanted to make sure our entrée was impressive enough to see whose sandwich came in first. The name of my entrée sandwich was the Awesome Blossom burger in a Panini form. I must say it was tasty! After we presented our sandwiches we all came together to hear what the judges had to say about our food. They went through each person and told what they liked about the food and some improvements we can change. The judges were overall impressed with our food, and then our standings were given to us. Two honorable mention awards were given, and I received third place with fifty points which was given to the first through third person. I was enlightened that my entrée placed; I felt this was something I would like to add to my recipe book in the future. We are looking forward to more opportunities like this to improve our cooking.

Furthermore, after a week of midterms and new classes starting it is already the weekend. TGIF, I can’t complain since it is a time to relax and enjoy being away from school. On Friday, October 21, my weekend started with me running errands, paying bills and buying some groceries for the following week. Then for supper I went to Rocky Rocco’s, part of my free pizza for a year. I won this certificate a year ago from a raffle I entered. I always enjoy Rocky Rococo’s pizza because of the toppings they offer and their crust is really good. Later that night, I decided to attend the Marian’s University Hockey game at the Blue Line Hockey rink in Fond du Lac. They played against UW-Stevens Point, part of Marian’s first preseason game of the year. Although Marian has a young team, they played a tough physical match against the talented UW-Stevens point team. Throughout the games goalies from both sides saved a lot of tough shots. The final results were Marian ended up winning five to four, a close match-up to the very end. I recommend for anyone looking for something to do on the weekend to check out the Blue Line schedule for Hockey games, from high school to semi-pro games. There are even open days for ice skating for people of all ages for an admission fee of five dollars. I wonder what else the weekend ahead holds for activities? Well stay tuned until next time!

Cheers,

Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment