Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MPTC Student Awards

G’day Mates! On May 3, I attended Moraine Park Technical College’s Student Award Banquet at Camelot Golf course in Lomira. Before the dinner kicked off I took pictures with President, Dr. Shelia Ruhland; Dean of Students, Scott Lieburn; and the next student ambassador, Mihai Schnell-Harrison. Shortly afterwards dinner kicked off, followed by the award ceremony. Students were recognized for their hard work in academics and being involved in different clubs. I received the Meritorious Service award. This award is for students who served the college through their leadership and participation in co-curricular activities. The next award I received was a clock plaque for finishing my term as Student Ambassador for the 2012-2013 school year. It was an honor to receive this award and was also a sign of passing the torch to the next Student Ambassador Mihai Schnell- Harrison. I can tell he will do great a great job in his term promoting the technical college system. The next big award was the Student of the Year. Tom Griesmer received the award and is graduating from the Electrical Power Distribution program. He gave an excellent speech about his experience during school and told us how Moraine Park Technical College helped him to peruse his career. After his award the ceremony was finish. It was a great night meeting students who I haven’t met before and eating with friends and members of Moraine Park Technical College. The next big event will be graduation day on May 18. I can see the finish line ahead and I am ready to cross the stage. Until then see you soon mates! Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment