Friday, November 9, 2012

Election 2012

G'day Mates! As this year comes to an end there are a lot of exciting things are happening ahead. Prime example was election night 2012. For the first time I voted in an election, and I was super excited to be part of something our country fought for, for so many years. To avoid long lines on Election Day I went ahead to vote early. Although I didn't get a I voted sticker, I still made a difference. Regardless if you are republican, democratic, or any other parties the most important part is to go out vote and voice your opinion. This is what makes America a unique country because we are able to vote for our leader; unlike other countries in the world who don't have that right. Even though in America things can get heated when talking about politics, but we have to remember we all have different ideas and opinions. On Election Day people across the country went out to the polls to cast their vote. By the time election polls were coming to an end the numbers showed a close race between President Obama and Governor Mitt Romney. At first the numbers were pretty tight between the states and popularity votes. As time continued the results showed President Obama won to be re-elected for President for a second term. Each candidate gave a remarkable speech to the country to finish off the night. The most important message I got was we must work together as a nation in order to become a successful nation regardless of what party we decide to choose. So in the next four years and beyond I am looking forward to seeing the progress of our country. Until then I'll catch you soon in my blog, ciao! Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment