Friday, October 12, 2012

My Restaurant Day

After prepping all semester so far for my restaurant day the day finally came. I was the first one to go as manager because last semester I taken an ethnic restaurant class, therefore I had to go first. I didn’t mind going first because the rest of the semester should be smooth sailing. We have a regular bistro style menu and each person who is managers creates their own special featured menu. On my menu I had grilled egg plants with tomato and feta, a grilled salmon salad, a Bison burger, Chocolate covered strawberries with infused chocolate vodka, and butternut coconut squash soup. Each item was tasty and presentable. Although not a lot of people came to lunch, I still had a good time prepping the food and it allowed us the opportunity for a soft opening and make adjustments to anything on the menu. I am looking forward for the weeks ahead for more people to come in and keep us busy. After my restaurant class a group of friends from school and some German students went to the Meuer Corn Maze near Chilton. If you never been to Meuer’s before then I recommend you go because the corn maze is huge and has a unique design. On average it takes over an hour to get through the two sections of the maze. This was my second year going and each year there is a new design. Some of the maze was hard to get through based on clue and basic instincts. Once we finished the corn maze we bought some fresh kettle corn and headed back home. To get a sneak preview of the corn maze click here http://meuerfarm.com/corn-maze.html and it will give you all the information you need. Overall this was a productive fun day, but it was worth it because I was able to spend it with friends and my new German family. In my next blog we are going to take a tour of the Harley Davidson store located in Fond du Lac. Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment