Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Soccer match in Chicago

The one thing I love about summer is the endless possibilities of things to do at the spare moment. For example, one of my friends posted on Facebook asking anybody if they wanted free tickets to watch a soccer match in Chicago at Wrigley Field. Within seconds I quickly responded and got four free tickets, and the only thing I had to purchase was the bus ticket from Milwaukee. I asked three of my friends to join me and they quickly responded as well. As we arrived in Chicago I was excited to watch one of my favorite Italian team AS Roma play against a Polish team Lublin. The city was filled with people dressed up in their team uniform and colors. Another remarkable thing about this event was this was the first soccer game at Wrigley Field, and I was able to witness a historical event. Once the game kicked off AS Roma scored within a minute, and they didn’t stop there. Throughout the match both teams played a tough match, but AS Roma played harder. I made sure since I was in Chicago I ate some of my favorite dishes such as the Italian beef sandwich, a real deep dish pizza, and a Chicago hot dog without ketchup. The second half of the match AS Roma still controlled the game and was able to shutout the Polish team 4-0. My friends and I were glad we had the chance to watch an awesome match and be in Chicago. After the game we walked around the city before heading back to Wisconsin. It was a fun day trip, and I am looking forward for more random days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment