Thursday, July 19, 2012

4th of July

Happy birthday America! On the 4th of July I was able to enjoy my day off and enjoy the hot weather day. A couple of friends from Moraine Park and I headed down to Bradford Beach in Milwaukee. Bradford Beach is an hour south of Fond du Lac located on the east side of Milwaukee. I made sure I tagged along because the weather was super hot and the beach was a perfect way to stay cool. Of course since a lot of people were off on the 4th the beach was packed with people. After walking a mile we finally arrived at the beach, and the sand was beyond hot; it felt like we were stepping on hot coals. We quickly found a spot to drop off our cooler and bags then ran into the water. We enjoyed the day of tanning, drinking, playing beach games and volleyball. It was good to see people wearing clothes supporting America. After a long day at the beach I decided to get something to eat before we headed off to watch the fireworks at nights. I went to 5 Guys and they have a simple menu but amazing food. They are known for their fresh burgers and Cajun fries, but I decided to get their all beef hot dogs with everything on top and Cajun fries. Afterwards I caught up with my friends at the local park to watch the fireworks as I ate my food. Unfortunately the firework show was not as impressive as I hoped, but I enjoyed being off from work and spending time with my friends. Well mates I hoped you enjoyed your holiday off too and spent time with your families. I will catch you on my next blog! Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment