Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Welcome to Brussels

Welcome mates to the city of Brussels, Belgium. Although many people dislike this city because they consider it to be a dirty dated city, I found the beauty in this city based on their culture, history, and their food. My friend Sophia wanted to visit a museum, but I wanted to go on a walking tour so we decided to split up and meet up again in a couple of hours to divide and conquer the city. I really wanted to do the walking tour because I wanted to know more about Brussels. On my walking tour I discovered how Brussels was developed throughout the years, and how the building structures became important to show how the future of Brussels would form. I learned Brussels is where the first saxophone was created, and a lot of art can be found here. During my tour I learned how Godiva, the world’s famous chocolate is made, and some of the world’s top beers are made here, and the Belgium waffles are a must here. Although this city is small I learned a lot and the amount of food and beer are endless to say the least. After my tour I met up with Sophia to get dinner since we didn’t eat all day. Afterwards we made sure to try all the food that makes Brussels famous for. Once we finished eating we headed back to our hostel of Van Gogh, where he once stayed. We didn't stay long here because this was a layoff stop before we headed off to see our German family in Germany, but I am happy we stopped here to visit. Although I am on holiday it seems like we are always on the go, but this is why I am enjoying this trip because we are meeting people from all over, and learning new cuisine and cultures and blows my mind with unique facts. Well mates I am off to bed, and shall see you again once we arrive in Germany!

Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment