Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Moraine Park Foundation Gourmet Dinner

G’day mates! April 27 marked another super busy day for me. Things began with me attending my sauce class; we made barbecue sauces, a coulis sauce, and a relish sauce. All of these sauces pair great with various types of meats and appetizers. After my class I went to help my friend Rachel move to her new apartment. It didn’t take us long to get things packed and moved. It only took two trips across town to finish moving. Afterwards I quickly went back to school to help out with the Moraine Park Foundation Gourmet Dinner. The Gourmet Dinner is an annual event benefitting the Moraine Park Foundation, which helps support student scholarships. This year’s theme was the Titanic because it marked the 100 year anniversary since the ship sank. Everything on the menu represented the meals served on the first and last voyage. My job for the night was to help out being the drink server, and made sure the drinks were stocked. I had the opportunity to meet staff members who volunteered their time to help out. I also learned the types of wines we were serving to pair with each entrée. I had a great time talking to people, serving drinks, and making this night a fun event. Students and instructors behind the scenes did a tremendous job prepping, cooking, and plating the foods. After the dinner we had to start to clean, but we all did a fast smooth job to accomplish our task. We finished around midnight, and at this point we were all tired and ready to go home. I know for me I was wiped out, and had to get ready for bed because I had to work the next morning. To check out the video I was in for the Gourmet Dinner, click on the Link to see the fun. http://www.morainepark.edu/about-mptc/foundation/2012-gourmet-dinner/ On my next blog I’ll be sailing into the month of May, stayed tuned! Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment