Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Alumni Soccer Game at Marian University

G’day Mates! On April 28, I had the opportunity to play in the alumni soccer game for Marian University. It has been two years, already since playing college soccer and I miss it a lot. Each year I have a wonderful time catching up with former teammates, friends, and the new soccer players. That is one thing I loved about playing soccer at Marian because we are like family and lifetime friends. Of course being alumni we want to make sure we win because allowing a younger group to win is not an option; plus we must show them who is better. The game kicked off at 6:00 p.m. after the women alumni soccer game finished. It was a bit chilly, but once the game started running around made the weather feel a lot warmer. We took the early lead, and then the younger team tied us into half time. The second half we dominated the game with passes, defense, and challenged the goal keeper. As a result we won with the score being 3-1; overall it was a fun game. We all laughed having a good time while getting into shape. Afterwards we headed downtown to a local bar called Fat Joes where we had the reception. We enjoyed the night with free beer, food, and priceless memories remembering the past and present. I had a blast catching up with everyone; I wish we can have more events like this. I plan on staying in shape so I could play in future alumni games to improve my skill level. After a fun day my journey ends for now, but there are more to come, stay tuned! Cheers, Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment