Monday, May 21, 2012

Culinary Students Goes Local

G’day mates! Recently I had the opportunity with other students in my Food Principles class to visit an organic farm. We visited Park Ridge Organics Farm in Fond du Lac to learn about sustainability and the importance of supporting and purchasing local business. Park Ridge Organics Farm
is a family owned and operated certified organic farm offering quality fresh seasonal produce. As we arrived, Robyn, our tour guide, and owner gave us a brief history of how they started their business and how they are impacting the community. I was amazed how much information I was learning and how this farm is growing in popular demand. After Robyn finished talking, she showed us around the farm where all the food grows and is produced. The food was starting to grow and ready for transfer into the bigger fields to finish growing. I had the chance to try an asparagus right from the soil and it was amazing. It was the freshest tender asparagus I ever tried; I never knew this vegetable could taste so good. If you want to find more information about Park Ridge Organics Farm click on the link
http://www.localharvest.org/park-ridge-organics-M11061 and you will be amazed on the quality of food you can buy here.
Cheers,
Lee IV

No comments:

Post a Comment